Los Angeles, CA (Dec. 21, 2008) – The holiday season might deliver visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads, but problems can ensue when pies, cakes, cookies and other fatty holiday treats start dancing on our plates.
With cautious organizing and good decisions, you can have your fill of holiday cheer with out filling your plate with calorie-loaded foods, explained Netty Levine, RD, CDE, a registered dietitian and accredited diabetic issues educator, at Cedars- Sinai Health care Heart.
“You can take pleasure in your preferred classic holiday foods in moderation with out dragging extra lbs . into the New Calendar year,” Levine explained. “Make good decisions at functions and in buffet strains, and on times you’re not celebrating make confident you’re eating balanced, nicely-well balanced foods.”
Fitting in exercising, drinking plenty of h2o and keeping a balanced diet plan will not only be fantastic for your midsection line, but can also assure you have sufficient power for the season’s quite a few celebrations, Levine explained.
She provides these suggestions for smart eating for the duration of the holiday seasons:
1. Vow to preserve, not get. If you’re on a long-phrase weight loss prepare, make every single effort and hard work to preserve your weight. Sustaining weight irrespective of the season’s quite a few temptations should be regarded as a realistic intention.
two. When heading to a holiday potluck, deliver along a balanced dish or treat you take pleasure in. Obtain approaches to lighten up classic recipes, or deliver along a vegetable or fruit tray. Presentation and creativity count!
3. Under no circumstances go to a social gathering hungry. Take in a smaller balanced meal or snack to ward off cravings, which can enable make temptation less complicated to resist.
four. Drink h2o. Keeping away from high-calorie beverages will make people holiday splurges less complicated on your waistline.
5. When eating buffet-model, pick out a scaled-down plate and pile it high with fruits, vegetables and eco-friendly salads. Load up on lean roasted meats, and pick out smaller parts of your holiday favorites
6. Dodge the pre-dinner cocktail. Alcohol makes you hungrier, and reduce inhibitions can direct to weak food items decisions. Decide rather for a consume with your meal. When ordering cocktails, attain for people produced with a low- or no-calorie mixer.
seven. Never be much too fast paced for breakfast. Starting the day with a balanced meal will enable manage cravings later.
8. Be picky about dessert. Indulge only in your very favorites, and when presented with various dessert selections, pick out just a single. Test in with your self when eating. Do you want the full part of a loaded treat, or do you experience pleased just after a couple of bites?
9. Make time for exercising – be active when you can. Even limited bits of exercising can incorporate up.
10. Focus on pals and household, not the food items. Make the organization of cherished ones the center of your gathering – not the tasty treats.
To set up interviews, you should make contact with Nicole White, media professional, at email@example.com or at (310) 423-
# # #