Modern exercise equipment from the US found in Singapore’s Carrefour. For a second I thought this was Jerry Seinfeld. He’s not. Hey, the shape of the logo… so resonant somehow. Hmm, the woman is making a "V" with her legs.
Tagged: , singapore , carrefour , jerry , seinfeld , modern , exercise … Read More
With the growing scope in career opportunities, there are varied professions one can opt for depending on their area of interest. Being certified for personal training is something several students find interest in and keeping their interest in mind, universities tend to add such degree course in their curriculum. There are several health enthusiasts who like to keep themselves fit and are aware of all aspects of being fit and staying healthy. They can always opt to start a business of their own where they can set up a gym and teach people but having professional knowledge of it can attract more people to learn from them. A certified degree on personal training and can help people to pursue varied professions with lucrative returns. A few professions could be as follows –
• Personal Trainer – For those who are sportspersons, playing and pursuing the game well is something that requires to be fit as well as having a healthy body. Hiring a personal trainer for sportspersons can be helpful as the trainer has sufficient knowledge on the types of exercise one should perform while being a pro at a sport. Apart from the exercises, the trainer has knowledge on the diet the sports person should follow. A personal trainer can be hired for individuals having a setup of their own where they intend to gain personal attention from their trainers in building their body and leading a healthy lifestyle.
• Group fitness instructor – People those who have obtained a certified degree on personal training can also become an instructor for a group. Working at a gym as an instructor, being a trainer in fitness clubs, working in educational institutions and instructing children on exercise and general health, etc. can be a great career option. It is lucrative for them as well as helps to spread awareness to the world.
• Sports Coach – A degree on personal training can help a person to become a fitness coach for sports teams. Being a sports coach for football teams, cricket teams, etc. can help teams to have members who are physically fit to be a part of their team. Performing health screenings for athletes and testing their endurance skills is something that forms a part of their tasks that they are appointed for. Helping the athletes to perform resistive training and cardiovascular exercises can help them gain better health levels to perform during the games.
• Corrective exercise instructor – While a person recovers from an injury or illness, there is a requirement of corrective exercises that would bring back their body to the original self. People having degrees on personal training have the necessary information on such corrective healing through exercises. One can pursue it as a career and become a specialized corrective exercise instructor. Medical centers and hospitals are always in need of such instructors that could help their patients recover well.… Read More
Water aerobics workouts involve different phases, each of which can help you warm up, stretch and build strength, among other things. Discover beneficial exercises that fit your needs with help from a fitness instructor in this free video on water aerobics.
Expert: Stephen Taylor
Bio: Stephen Taylor is a professional endurance coach.
Filmmaker: Dimitri LaBarge
Series Description: Water aerobics is good exercise and can be done by anyone, including kids regardless of size, shape or fitness level. Learn techniques for a better workout from a fitness trainer in this free video series on water aerobics.
source… Read More
A shoot I was asked to do for a company launching a new fitness app for personal trainers.
Tagged: , impact , training , gym , muscles , fitness , magna life , luton , nathan , personal trainer , fly , male , male model , ripped , chest , press , curls , health , muscle , pectoral , strong , healthy … Read More
Struggling with emotional eating? Is emotional eating messing with your weight loss plan? If so, you are not alone. This is one of the top issues many people deal with and sadly, one that can ultimately derail your weight loss efforts. How can you fight back? How can you beat emotional eating once and for all? Here are a few tips to help get you started…
1. Use A Journal. One of the best tried-and-true techniques to combat emotional eating is to start journaling. When you feel the urge to eat, sit down and write in a journal all you are feeling to help you understand your thoughts more clearly. Don’t want to put pen to paper? You can do this on your computer or smartphone instead. This way, it doesn’t matter where you are, you can keep an accurate record of the stress you are feeling.
Writing your thoughts down is often a way to release the desire for sugary foods. In turn, it can help you become more aware of the emotional stress you are attempting to bury with food and look at another way to handle it.
2. Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind. Which brings us to our next point, putting the foods you typically eat when you need a fix, out of sight. If you know there are cookies in your pantry, and that is what you like to use for a fix, you need to remove those. If the comfort foods are not around, you will not be drawn to them and so will not be tempted.
Likewise, avoid any other typical offenders. This may mean only keeping healthy items in your pantry and refrigerator: until you feel you have a hold over your emotional eating, it is something you must do.
3. Decide To Stop and Deal with Your Stress. Finally, decide to take back control. Tell yourself you will work through the stress you are feeling instead of turning to food. Stress followed by emotional eating is associated with weight gain in Type 2 diabetics, and it can also lead to heart disease and hypertension.
It may be painful, and it may not be what you want to do but feeling those emotions – dealing with them – is the only way to get past emotional eating. It is going to take courage on your part to go this route, but if you want to combat emotional eating, it is best just to learn how to deal with those emotions without food. Address them head on and do not look for a way to only escape.
If you put these emotional eating tactics into place, it should not be long before you can put this problem behind you. And when you do, weight loss will have never felt more comfortable.… Read More