This article is not about how to start a gym, but rather how to build a successful one in the shortest amount of time. Check out the steps below and watch your professional career, as well as your profits, soar!
1) What do people want?
– Before deciding to open a gym, it is imperative to know exactly what kind of fitness center you wish to open and the people you wish to target. Will you be a general gym or an advanced training gym that offers options such as circuit training station? Will you cater to people with a normal budget or attempt to be a more exclusive, somewhat higher priced, gym? Will you open your own brand, or join a franchise? Regardless of your decision, take the time to research what people want. There are dozens of online resources which related to healthy lifestyles and fitness. Review other successful start-up gyms and figure out which trends are getting the most attention. Then, simply come up with your own twist on some popular services and specials offered. By understanding what people want, you’ll be able to target them directly and turn them into paying customers.
– Also keep in mind where you wish to open your gym. How large is the health and fitness community in your area? Communities that have larger numbers of people that are physically active are bound to have more health conscious individuals who would take an interest in your fitness center. Don’t be afraid to change your gym’s layout from time to time to offer new types of workout routines with new equipment.
2) Market Yourself
– One of the biggest mistakes individual gyms and franchises make is neglecting to put forth sufficient marketing efforts. If you are a privately owned gym that does not belong to a franchise, you must create brand recognition. This can be accomplished via mass mailing to homes in your local area, advertising at your local healthy restaurants and alternative fitness studios (yoga, pilates, etc), and even online advertising on popular social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
3) Utilize Technology
– Networking has never been easier with the advent of smart phones and specialty websites. One program that has proven to work wonders is the NutriFinder App program for the iPhone. NutriFinder’s claim to fame is that it is America’s largest streamlined health and fitness mobile network. Check out the NutriFinder App and see how they can help you get more business than ever.
4) Social Media
– Make sure to use networking site such as Facebook and Twitter to help expose your business to people in your area.
– Consider allowing a juice bar or nutrition shop to open up in a section of your gym. This will allow you to gain rent as a source of revenue.
6) Personal Networking
– Make sure you always carry business cards for your business on you at all times. Reach out to personal trainers and nutritionist in your area and offer them incentives to mention you to their personal clients
Follow each of these steps to start seeing results quickly. The power of marketing and networking cannot be understated in it comes to increasing your customer base. With your new found profits, consider expanding to another location.