Health and Fitness healthandfitness1blog.blogspot.com/2014/05/have-we-stoppe…
Tagged: , Mens , Health
The new Comprehensive Soldier and Family Fitness Training Center was formally inaugurated Aug. 6, with a traditional ribbon cutting ceremony at Gavin Hall. From left to right, Jim Arp, CSF2 Training Center manager; Maj. Gen. Clarence K.K. Chinn, XVIII Airborne Corps rear detachment commander; Beth Anderson, wife of Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson, XVIII Abn. Corps commander and commander International Security Assistance Force Joint and deputy commanding general U.S. Forces-Afghanistan; Master Sgt. Juanita Jenkins CSF2 program manager; and Command Sgt. Maj. Jesse L. Andrews Jr., XVIII Abn. Corps rear detachment command sergeant major.
Tagged: , Comprehensive Soldier and Family Fitness Training Center , inaugurated , Gavin Hall. Jim Arp , CSF2 Training Center manager , Maj. Gen. Clarence K.K. Chinn , XVIII Airborne Corps rear detachment commander , Beth Anderson , wife of Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson , XVIII Abn. Corps commander and commander International Security Assistance Force Joint and deputy commanding general U.S. Forces-Afghanistan , Master Sgt. Juanita Jenkins CSF2 program manager , Command Sgt. Maj. Jesse L. Andrews Jr. , XVIII Abn. Corps rear detachment command sergeant major , Fort Bragg , paraglide , XVIII Airborne Corps , paratroopers , airborne , heroes , special operations command , family , soldiers , Fayetteville , North Carolina , NC , Spouse , United States , USA , Iron Mike , Simmons Army Airfield , Pope , Pope Army Airfield … Read More
The good thing about having an aerobic exercise equipment is it will be possible for you to burn your calories and get a healthy aerobic exercise right inside your home. This is a more beneficial for you since you do not have to travel just to have a good exercise to be fit. Riding a bike and walking are among the known aerobic exercise that are simple than the others but one main problem of these individuals is time. With all the busy schedules, many of them do not have the right time to spare for a little walk or exercise. The development of treadmill makes it possible for people to exercise run or walk right at home on different pace. Stationary bikes are also helpful in achieving this aim users can ride at home at the set time and even added intensity by setting them up.
Treadmills may already cost but there are still some types of treadmills that cost more than what people expect. These are those that have motors that allow them to move the high-end conveyor with every movement. Smoke of the less expensive ones do not have motor but would depend on what the energy of the users to make it run. Elliptical machines are also available as popular aerobic exercise equipment options that can provide great exercises equipment to everyone. This is a good machine since it will not cause the too much joint strain to the users while providing more exercises than the usual.
Stationary bikes are also the same with the usual bike used on road but without the need to move around the house. It does not have any wheels but have the same pedals that will give people the same riding feeling that people would like to achieve in the process. But even if it's just stationary, it will still provide the same exercise that people are looking for in order to achieve the best aerobic they can get. Make sure to choose the best aerobic exercise equipment for you and start working your way towards health without leaving your home unlike other exercises. … Read More
Vegetarians are people who don’t consume any meat or seafood. It’s commonly asked whether a vegetarian diet and weight loss are related. There are many reasons why people choose a vegetarian diet including religious beliefs, ethical reason, health benefits and diets.
The three common types of vegetarianism are
1. Vegans- plant foods are only consumed
2. Lacto Vegetarians- meat, seafood and eggs are avoided but plant and dairy foods are included.
3. Lacto Ovo Vegetarians- meat and seafood is avoided, dairy (milk/eggs/etc) and plant foods.
Studies supporting the vegetarian diet weight loss theory
• A nutritional review compiling data from various studies demonstrated that a vegetarian diet is effective for weight loss.
• Studies show generally vegetarians have a lower body, between 3-20 percent lower than the weight of meat eaters. Generally a vegetarian’s calorie intake is lower, most likely due to vegetables being lower in calories than meat. Also the high amount of fibre consumed helps to curb hunger.
• It has also been proven that people can consume unlimited amounts of high-fibre foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains to reach or maintain a healthy weight without feeling hungry.
• Evidence also suggests that a vegetarian diet burns more calories after a meal and that plant foods are used more efficiently as fuel for the body rather than being stored as fat.
Benefits of a vegetarian weight loss diet
• Rates of obesity in vegetarians range from 0-6 percent. Meat eaters are more likely to be over weight than vegetarians.
• Vegetarians are less likely to develop obesity related diseases such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
How you can gain weight being on a vegetarian for weight loss diet
• Although you cut out animal products you can still gain high amounts of calories from other foods if you are not paying attention.
• If you are consuming more calories than your body burns in a day then you will put on weight regardless of whether you are vegetarian or not.
Vegetarian diet weight loss theory recommendation
• Many studies have proven and support the vegetarian diet weight loss theory. Even without changes in exercise or limiting portion sizes it has proven to promote your body to lose weight.
• As long as you are sticking to healthy options and consuming less calories than you burn then you will be losing weight. On average vegetarians consume around 500 less calories making it faster for you to lose weight.
• You also need to be sure that you are still getting enough protein. If you are switching from a meat eating diet then most of your protein would have been coming from the meat you were consuming. You can maintain your protein levels by eating legumes, nuts and soy products throughout the diet.
• It is essential to plan your meals, drink lots of water and maintain limited carbohydrates in your diet.
• Although you can and most likely will lose weight from using a vegetarian diet for … Read More
IGCSE Biology video podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes:
Aerobic respiration takes place in an organelle called a mitochondrion. Remember: “one mitochondrion”, “many mitochondria”. Glucose and oxygen are involved in a series of chemical processes and eventually, carbon dioxide and water are released. In the process, energy is released in the form of ATP: adenosine triphosphate.
Glucose + Oxygen → Carbon Dioxide + Water
When we do exercise, we often can’t get enough oxygen. Even breathing faster and more deeply isn’t enough. In this case glucose alone is converted into lactic acid, and a small amount of energy is release.