After researching the most appealing alternatives I could find for a home gym purchase, I settled on the Bayou Total Fitness Trainer DLX III. Although I didn’t have an interest in Pilates at the time, the Total Trainer Pilates model looks like the best equipment for those who want Pilates in addition to strength training. I ultimately came up with nine reasons the Bayou Total Trainer is the highest value home gym equipment on the market.
1) It provides the most capabilities and highest quality in its price range.
2) With its 4-point pulley system plus the ability to add free weights, it offers more resistance levels than any of the other exercise machines in its class.
3) It includes the deluxe capabilities and accessories of the other machines at no additional charge.
- No assembly needed.
- It has 11 height adjustments to increase resistance.
- 400 pound user capacity
- Maximum User Height 6′ 7″
- Ball Bearing Rollers
- Even without adding free weights it offers resistance up to 69% of your body weight
- You are able to roll it into a closet on its oversized castors
- Has a 2″ thick, dense foam cushion
- An Arsenal of Accessories and Attachments
- >> Bicep Curling Brace
- >> Abdominal Training Strap
- >> Press Bar for curls or rows or other exercises
- >> Power bar with retainers so you’ll be able to add free weights
- >> Chrome Pull-up Push-up Bar
- >> Foot strap to hold feet for sit-ups
- >> Extra Big Heavy Duty Squat Board
- >> Two separate independent hand grips
- >> Dual Leg Cuffs
- Standard 3-point and advanced 4-point Pulley Systems
- Lifetime Roller, Rope and Pulley Warranty
- Hassle Free Full Year Parts Warranty
- Four Exercise Program Cards
- User Manual
- Folds and Rolls for Easy Storage
- DVD with Full Body Workout Routine
4) It has a second pulley configuration called a 4 Point Pulley System offering a greatly increased range of resistance levels for advanced strength training that none of the other machines I found offered at any selling price.
5) It provides the capability to add free weights to increase the resistance dramatically on all exercises at any setting.
6) Changing between most exercises takes only seconds
7) The Total Trainer is easy to setup, fold down and roll into a closet
8) In contrast to nearly all the other machines I looked at I could discover no major complaints about it.
9) The equipment and model from Bayou’s major and better known competitor that would have delivered comparable functions and benefits was priced a lot higher.
Now you know why I chose the Total Trainer. I’m very satisfied with the Total Trainer from Bayou. The machine still works, feels and looks like new after five years of regular use.